- The #1 security threat to ANY business is… you! Almost all security breaches in business are due to an employee clicking, downloading, or opening a file that’s infected. Employees need to be trained to spot phishing emails and online scams.
- Require strong passwords and passcodes on mobile devices. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and contain lowercase and uppercase letters, symbols, and at least one number. On a cell phone, requiring a passcode will go a long way toward preventing a stolen device from being compromised. Password resets should be done every 30-60 days.
- Keep your network and all devices patched and up-to-date. If you’re under a managed IT plan, this can all be automated for you, so you don’t have to worry about an employee missing an important update.
- Have a business-class image backup BOTH on-premise and in the cloud. This protects you against ransomware, human error, hardware failure, and natural disasters.
- Don’t allow employees to access company data with personal devices that aren’t monitored and secured by YOUR IT department. If you choose to let employees use personal devices, you need to make sure those devices are properly secured, monitored, and maintained by a security professional.
- A business-class good firewall and proper updates
Call us today to schedule a FREE Cyber Security Assessment. We provide managed IT services for small to medium businesses in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Apex, Clayton, Wake Forest, Chapel Hill, Holly Springs, and surrounding areas. Call today: 919-469-5060.