Regardless of if your small or medium-sized business is starting or you’re an established corporation, a proactive IT service & solutions provider will support your company and allow you the freedom of focusing more on growing your business.
IT solutions are necessary for the world we’re living in.
In a technologically advanced world, it’s no surprise that we’ve developed information technology to keep up with our increasingly complex needs.
From computers and cell phones to cyber security and office phones, IT solutions for your North Carolina business are essential to ensure that these tools can be used effectively and provide their full benefits.
In the simplest terms, IT solutions are the process of offering assistance with these technological devices when they aren’t working correctly or at all. For example, this could involve repairing a computer or cell phone, fixing up a printer, managing your Microsoft Office 365 email accounts, troubleshooting software issues, etc.
Managed IT services consist of outsourcing the responsibility for maintaining and anticipating the need for a range of processes and functions, for improved operations, and reduced budgetary expenditures by reducing directly-employed staff.
When you’ve invested in technology like this, it makes sense to have a place you can go for help when you need it. Don’t let your computers and phones become obsolete just because they won’t work right—get them fixed!
are an alternative to the break/fix or on-demand outsourcing model. The service provider or break-fix model performs on-demand services and bills the customer only for the work done.
The managed services provider (MSP) is an experienced IT professional who delivers a full range of managed services and solutions to clients requiring this level of support.
The managed services provider performs on-demand maintenance or other organized service activity the client requires. A negotiated contract is signed between both parties, outlining the work scope and associated performance and quality metrics.
H2- Benefits of IT Support & Solutions
If you want to stay up-to-date on technology and have the latest IT solutions, you need to adopt managed services. This is an efficient way to address issues related to cost, quality of service, and risk, and it’s how many SMBs and large corporations are migrating their IT infrastructure components to the cloud.
Managing day-to-day IT services processes and reducing related costs are enormous burdens for many businesses, so they need experts who can help them out.
FOCUS ON YOUR BUSINESS. WE MANAGE YOUR TECHNOLOGY.
IT costs can be a significant drain on your business’s profitability. Below are a few benefits of hiring an expert IT support company in NC to manage your company’s technology.
1. Predictable & Scalable Spending: Managed IT services allow you to create a predictable and scalable spending plan for your business. For example, instead of investing in expensive hardware, the cost is consolidated into a single, fixed set of costs.
This means that items like hardware breakdowns, maintenance, and repairs are calculated into your operational budget, so they won’t break the bank when they unexpectedly occur.
2. Avoid Sunk & Operational Costs: While having an in-house IT team can be convenient and a good fit for some businesses, it brings high sunk costs that don’t add value to the company. Looking at all the operational costs of running an in-house team might surprise you how much money you could save by outsourcing your IT needs.
You want to focus on the core functions of your business. While hiring an in-house IT staff can help streamline these processes, and it often comes with high costs that are difficult to justify.
A managed services provider (MSP), on the other hand, is a one-stop solution to everything that falls under IT. It’s a scalable option that allows you to pay only for what you use—a great way to keep your IT costs under control.
3. Faster Response Time: Your employees are the lifeblood of your company, so they can’t be slowed down by downtime or technical difficulties. Especially during busy times, having 24/7/365 support is necessary to ensure that your team stays productive.
4. Expertise and Experience: Reduce labor costs: The right technology can be a real-time saver, allowing you to work fewer hours and still get the job done. IT solutions providers will implement your technology and troubleshoot. Taking your employees away from those tasks and allowing them to focus on your core business
5. Data Compliance Support: Many businesses are expected to meet strict rules and requirements for integration with their IT systems. A few of these are the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
These standards spell out specific guidelines regarding privacy, financial services, retail establishments, and reporting and security in healthcare. While your business may be able to create a team to support these needs, managed IT providers are well-versed with the necessary regulations.
6. Cyber Security Support When it comes to your business’s security, you can’t afford to be unprepared. Having an up-to-date and comprehensive cybersecurity strategy is essential in the modern world. But managing your security can be a massive headache, and if you don’t stay on top of it, your efforts could be wasted.
That’s why you need managed security services. With managed security services, you know that you’re getting the latest information about threats and are protected from them 24/7. In addition, you’ll have access to experts who will keep your business safe without having to hire those experts yourself—allowing you to save time and money while increasing your peace of mind.
7. One Point of Contact to Vendors: Your managed solutions provider will negotiate directly with your IT vendors and act as your single point of contact. A good provider has the leverage to get their clients the best rates on equipment, so you never overpay. In addition, if a situation ever comes up in which an IT vendor experiences an outage or other problem that impacts your business, they know whom to call.
8. Cut Time to Market: There’s no need to reinvent the wheel—IT management that includes cloud computing can be a huge help. This strategy brings high-speed resources to the table, eliminating IT inefficiencies.
9. Reduce risk: It’s a fact: every business investment carries a degree of risk.
You’re dealing with financial conditions and changing technologies, government regulation, and evolving market conditions. All those are entirely out of your control, so it’s hard to be sure about the outcome.
Most people would agree that risk is inherent in any business venture—that’s how it goes! But you don’t have to settle for uncertainty or hope for the best.
Outsourcing your IT helps mitigate typical business risks. In addition, you will have experts on hand who know the ins and outs of the entire industry and security and compliance concerns.
Managed IT services have many benefits for businesses in North Carolina. Overall, managed services make it easier for you to expand, update and employ the latest technologies. If you want to know more about the benefits of managed IT services, book an appointment with our team today. Call us today! (919) 469-5060
Adam Pittman is President of Computerbilities, Inc. and is a veteran Computer Technician and Network Engineer with more than 35 years of experience in the computer industry. Adam has worked with local and federal government agencies and with more than 2000 businesses in more than 100 industries, including companies such as Boeing, General Dynamics and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. In 2006, Adam was the recipient of the Businessman of the Year award and received the Secretary of Defense Patriotic Employer Award in 2017. Computerbilities was named Best of Business Raleigh Business Services in 2013. In his spare time, Adam is passionate about Sailing and has sailed the British and U. S. Virgin Islands more than a dozen times.